Who is Ian Fisher?
Ian Fisher is a talented young American artist acclaimed for his honest lyrics, raw and beautiful voice, and reduced compositions with a unique emphasis on a song’s dynamic structure. He is no stranger to the worlds of songwriting and touring. He has penned nearly one thousand songs and has been on the road nonstop for the last three years.
What is the music of Ian Fisher?
When folk & country music listeners hear the music of Ian Fisher, they notice its inspiration drawn from the timeless works of Woody Guthrie, Hank Williams, Bob Dylan, and Gillian Welch. When indie listeners hear the music, they can draw connections between it and the works of Wilco, Rufus Wainwright, Bon Iver, and Bright Eyes. But when anyone, regardless of their musical taste, listens to the music of this talented young man, with his little acoustic guitar and big voice, one thing always holds true. They can feel it.
What has Ian Fisher done?
- has written nearly 1,000 songs
- has released 7 albums
- has played over 500 concerts through the US & Europe
What is Ian Fisher doing?
Ian Fisher has three projects of his own:
1. Ian Fisher & The Past – six-piece indie/country band
2. Ian Fisher & The Present – folk/americana duo with Ryan Thomas Carpenter
3. Ian Fisher & The Future – experimental/folk collaboration with Simon Bauer